For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Friday, September 2, 2011

If you like toast... I like toast...


That's the way it's suppose to be right?

Nope!

People are different. Why? Because God made us that way. He made us all different kinds of colors, shapes and sizes.  If he wanted us to be the same, he would have made us all the same.

So since we are all different, we all can't be as perfect as I (ahem *cough * cough * cough *) kidding... we treat people differently and we can take those people that we love for granted and it down right, hurts sucks!! We've ALL been down that road, some more than others, but you know how you felt when it happened to you.

In the Bible the Book of Matthew 7:12 reads, So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Yes, I know not everyone reads the bible. I admit I'm a Christian, but I SADLY admit I don't read the bible like I should nor do I go to church like I should. I am really trying to be better about that, especially now that Isabella is growing older. I want her to know who God and Jesus is and why they are so great! Every night we say our bed time prayers - I know God is a lot more than that, but I'm trying... any way...

I know I have been stuck in situations where things happened; why I don't know. Situations to where people have just walked all over me, treated me like dirt and I just gave these people chance after chance after chance. I have always been one to easily forgive someone once they have done me wrong, always trying to find the good in that person who did the ugly deed, but as I got older, even NOW, I admit its harder for me to forgive and easier to hold grudges and keep them there. I am one of those people where I will forgive you but I won't forget!

Is that the way it's suppose to be?
--- Wrong again!

How we handle being hurt is different for all of us. Some of us hold it all in until we explode on whoever is standing next to us (again, I can do this ugh!), there are some who just lash out then and there, some who punch walls (not recommended), some talk it over with people who shouldn't be or get involved, some talk it over with a best friend and/or husband/wife, and some who drink a beer or a few glasses of wine to help calm our nerves or hide their broken hearts.

Just like I'm sure many of you reading this we are all stuck in our ways of how we handle being hurt or betrayed. The best thing for all of us to do is take a deep breath and talk it out with that loved one or friend, or who ever may have hurt you.

When I say talk it out. I don't mean, text, email, or over the phone. I'm talking face to face sit down, hey this is how I'm feeling and I want you to know. To me personally, phones are so over-rated at times. If you've done something horrible to someone and you want to apologize man up and meet that person and say hey, I'm sorry. Or if you need to talk to someone about how they make you feel about something, please let them know, because you know what? They may not know they are making you feel that way, unless you tell them.

Some people say, well I can get all my feelings out better through writing a letter or email. Well if that's the case, type it, print it, then find a time and place to meet up. An apology or a sit down talk about how someone making you feel is more sincere and more heartfelt when you can say you are sorry or look, I really don't like the way you said this.. or I feel like you don't care... to some one's face then hide behind a computer screen or phone screen.   

So I go back to my earlier scripture... So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.  Basically what this is saying is that if someone does something mean and nasty to you, don't in turn be mean and nasty back to them, talk to them and say, DUDE SERIOUSLY?!  ha :) 

I don't mean to get all mushy and gushy on everyone tonight, but I know that there is someone out there that can benefit from what I had to say or there could be those that will agree to disagree with me.

So I want to know...how do you deal with being hurt?  Do you turn the other cheek and move on?  Forgive AND forget? Forgive and don't forget? Or do you hold grudges?




No comments:

Post a Comment