For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Seriously??!

At a very young age I was taught the golden rule; do unto others as you would have them do unto you! I have always been one to believe in karma. Do something nice for someone, somewhere down the road you will have something nice done to/for you or do something horrible to someone and something bad will happen to you sooner than later! I've also been told to turn the other cheek, but how many times can one turn their cheek? Eventually your cheeks will get all red, sore and bruised!

So my question is what is the deal??

Last night I was told again from my husband, the messenger, that our group of furniture that we ordered (sectional and kitchen table) back on March 6, our couch was still missing. Three weeks ago we were told that we were just missing our wedge, that it will only be another two weeks. Two weeks go by and the hubby calls to get an update on our order. It is on the truck. It will be ready for delivery on Friday. Thursday, April 14 comes around, the delivery guy calls and sets up his window for the following day. Everything is good to go. Friday April 15, not a good day in the Williams' household. The guy from the furniture store calls and says, "well we have everything but your couch. Your couch was not on the truck!"

What the crap?! Two weeks ago we just didn't have our wedge. How did we go from missing a wedge to missing a couch? The guy says, "well our computer showed that it was all there, but when we looked in the truck it wasn't. So we are hoping that it will be on the truck for delivery next Friday, April 22."

Okay, so many of you know I am having a get together at my house, with a lot of people that have never been to my house before, on May 1. I NEED MY FURNITURE!! 

So the hubby waited until he got home last night to tell me the bad news. He knew I would be upset about this because he knows how upset I got last week when they called at the last minute and told me that my furniture wasn't going to be delivered. This time the guy at the furniture place gave us a few options The first option was to give us $120 (which isn't even the cost of the shipping) and give us a 5 year protection plan. The second option was to give us $60 back and give us an upgrade to any of the sectionals they had in stock. Then the last option was give us a loaner until our couch came in.

Okay, the first two just doesn't do anything for us, b/c your gonna do this and we still do not have couch!!  So we opted for the last option, give us a loaner until our couch came in.  Okay that is all good in well, but the two options he gave us for a loaner just doesn't work.  One optional loaner sectional does not match our color scheme what-so-ever and the other is just too small to go in our living room, we'd all be better off sitting on the living room floor. You see, we have a open floor plan and our living room is longer than it is wide so we have to put our furniture only a certain way because of our front living room window, so it's not that I'm not greatful for the 2 loan options, it's just that the one sectional physically would not work! And lets be honest, if we're having a get together/party you want everything in your home to look nice and mesh well with all the other furniture in your home!

So yet again, I am NOT a happy camper. I believe the hubby is going to call the furniture place this morning and see if we can get another loaner option like just a couch and love seat. I pray we can work something out, because at this point there is nothing I can do on my end to help the situation. I can get mad and upset all I want but it is not going to do anything.

I mean I understand crap happens, but c'mon! Seriously??!

So I have been up since 5am racking my brain on what to do about this whole furniture mess, what all needs to be done before my get together, and what's not going to happen!  The reason I selected the date of May 1 was because we just knew we would have ALL my furniture well before that date, boy were we wrong?!

1 comment:

  1. bummer! I deff wouldnt order from them again :( maybe it will appear... today :) lol

    ReplyDelete